Thursday, May 19, 2011

Tantrum Thursday- She's Too Skinny!

Tantrum Thursday is a personal weekly blog series ran by my good friend Krafty Max. I love all her Tantrum Thursday posts and thank her for allowing me to use her lovely idea. I thought it would be a perfect fit for Tranquility, Tantrums, & Tiaras. Click here to read all her Tantrum Thursday posts.


"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.” -- Bill Cosby


Every since I was a young girl I struggled with my body weight. I have always been skinny. Growing up I was the skinny little girl with the glasses. The one who was teased by everyone and YES it did bother me. It bothered me every single day that I was teased. I know that some of you are thinking... "what? you were teased for being skinny?", "what about the big girls who get teased everyday?". The big girls are the one's society looks down on for being "too big" or "obese" but I feel their pain. Skinny girls get teased too. However this is not what drives me crazy and makes me angry. The teasing does not bother me anymore because I'm older now more mature.

The problem is the "perfect weight people". You know the ones who think they have the best body ever and the authority to judge other people's body. I really dislike running into people like this. Whenever I hear, Oh my gosh your so skinny or get asked how much do you weigh? It just drives me insane. Why does it matter? I always get so snappy whenever I hear statements like this and I wish I could explain why. It just makes me come out my character. I roll my eyes, suck my teeth, and sometimes even scream. Why does my weight matter to you? What makes you so perfect? I wish I could just wave my magic wand and make people like this disappear, yes disappear!

Okay, okay let me calm down. I know I should act like in adult. I just don't think this is fair. Yes, I'm crossing my arms because I am mad. I wish I could be more content because I love my body and I am confident but I'm just so sick and tired of this. My new solution to this has been prayer. Prayer changes things! So tonight I will pray for the "perfect weight people". I will pray that God blesses them no matter what or how they make other people feel. Then I will pray for myself that I learn to deal with things better. 

14 comments:

  1. Love your page and I agree with you. I have trouble with my weight and hate people who are against me or even people who say certain things to make me feel like I need to lose weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was always - Wow you are so tall growing up (Stopped at 6feet) Lots of times it ends up being wow you are "big" girl!

    PS - Big and Tall are not interchangeable! (sorry that was my tantrum)

    You rock on with your bad self and be who you are.. you skinny lil thang! ;)

    #commenthour

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness I don't know too many "Perfect Weight People." It would really bother me to hear people judging others and commenting about different body types! Stopping by (belatedly - sorry) from #commenthour. Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I just gave birth recently I really don't want to hear people commenting on my weight. As long as one is healthy, I don't know what the issue would be.

    Coming in from #commenthour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so the truth, I'm a skinny girl to and I don't do anything special to keep my weight. I hate when people say your so skinny eat more, When I just ate a in-n-out burger! or asking what my secret is? Just gets old
    New follow from the blog hop

    Brandii @ babyshopaholics.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad that I am not alone when it comes to views on body image. No matter what size you are you should be able to live your life freely without worrying about someone judging you. LOVE THE SKIN YOUR IN!!

    Thank you ladies for sharing you views with me. I look forward to checking out your blogs and returning the love. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still am teased for being skinny at work!

    I just found your blog through one of the Saturday blog hops! Can't wait to read more. Have a great weekend!

    Amanda @ www.nutritionistreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there!! Following you back from the FNF blog hop! I was teased but not for too skinny but just being different!
    Hope to see you on my other blogs too! :)

    http://myowngrocerygame.blogspot.com/

    http://firebutterflyjewels.blogspot.com/

    http://mommysmenuplanning.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Amanda, Shelly, and Lindy for visiting. I will be stopping by your blogs this weekend also. Have a blessed day! =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was skinny too! When I graduated I was probably 98 pounds! Luckily I wasn't really teased (maybe a "beanpole" here and there)! Following you from the Say Hi Sunday Blog Hop. Would love it if you would visit and 'like' my page: www.facebook.com/flightlessgoose.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Shana Wow beanpole!? That's a new one. As far as the 98 pounds I can definitely relate. I will head over to your blog now. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there!!! Im your newest follower I found you through Say Hi Sunday blog hop! ..I hope you can come by and return the follow and visit http://beachbabys.blogspot.com/,I also have some great giveaways with low entries going on check them out and dont be shy to enter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute blog! Thanks for following me, and I came by to follow you back.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a good point! My husband gets "You're too skinny!" all the time too...I get, "What are you?" (Since I have curly hair and tan skin people assume I am Spanish, which I am not, and so constantly I'm asked what nationality I am...after awhile its really annoying, it's like I wish I had beautiful dark skin so people would know my race and just leave me alone!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my castle today! I would love for you to share a little magic with me. So comment below and wave your magic wand... *This Is Where The Magic Begins!*

ShareThis